Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother’s Day: 8 lessons I learned from my mother [Gifs]

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children…What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply." - Elder M. Russell Ballard

My childhood was far from perfect and I was far from being the perfect daughter but through all the challenges there have always been two constants in my life. God and my mother, a wonderful lady by the name of Mmabatho Salaminah Rapakgadi.

My mother has always been a source of strength and love in my life, especially in difficult times. Through all the challenges she has faced she continues to be a loving mother to more than just her children. I have learned so much from my mother, so in celebration of Mother's Day, the 8th of May, I have decided to share 8 big lessons I have learned from my mother.

SPIRITUAL LIFE
#1. Always put God at the centre of everything - you will always have a reason to celebrate














#2. Read your Bible and go to church - you will always be on the right path















RELATIONSHIPS
#3. Always leave room for disappointment in your heart (just in case)












#4. Don’t just date for the sake of dating - there's nothing wrong with waiting for the right man

















MARRIAGE
#5. Always treat your husband like a king - take care of him & he will do the same











#6. Compromise! Compromise! Compromise - it works













SELF-BELIEF
#7. Do your best and God will handle the rest - the greatness is within you













#8. You have everything it takes to be the best – believe in yourself











I would like to thank God Almighty for keeping and blessing my mother! Here's to many more years of bliss and motherhood!

Love,
Ofentse

No comments:

Post a Comment